The Stanford Emergence Accelerator Program
- Eligibility: Graduate level students who are working towards impact driven ventures that address societal and planetary health challenges (applications from highly qualified undergraduate students will also be considered). We seek students who are knowledgeable about the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, who bring deep knowledge of the issues they are working to address, and who offer diverse perspectives and backgrounds to the cohort.
- Application Period: Oct. 1st - Nov. 15th, 2023
- Program Dates: Jan. - June, 2024
The Emergence Accelerator Program supports a cohort of highly driven social and environmental student entrepreneurs and ventures each year from across campus. Through key impact entrepreneurship workshops, coaching from successful founders, one-on-one mentorship from industry professionals, and facilitated networking and connections to prospective funders, students are supported to ideate, develop, and launch purpose driven ventures that address our most pressing challenges. The Emergence Accelerator includes the following key components:
- Impact Entrepreneurship Curriculum: Students learn the fundamentals of impact entrepreneurship and are supported to incorporate them into their venture via the following focused workshops:
- Fundamentals of Impact Entrepreneurship
- Transformational Leadership
- Incorporating Equity & Sustainability in Innovation
- Aligning Business Models with Impact
- Culture & Team Building
- Ownership & Governance Structures
- Raising Mission Aligned Capital
- Coaching from a Successful Founder: Each student is paired with a successful founder who serves as their coach for the duration of the program. Through regular meetings and continued support students receive tailored guidance to troubleshoot areas of venture development and personal leadership.
- Industry Mentorship: Throughout the duration of the program, students are connected to industry professionals, relevant to their specific needs and focus areas, to gain feedback as they refine/scale their ventures for success.
- Funding Partnerships: Student entrepreneurs receive facilitated connections to aligned prospective funders (VC's, Corporations, Angel Investors, Foundations etc.) within the Emergence network to support the launch and scaling of their innovations. In addition, ventures chosen to pitch at the annual Emergence Summit are eligible to receive a small seed award.
- Peer-to-Peer Connections: Through a cohort of like-minded impact-driven student entrepreneurs, participants are able to lean into a community of support and knowledge sharing.
- Networking & Exposure: Students are connected to a network of private and public sector partners and gain visibility via convenings, an annual Summit, conferences, and investor pitch events.
Graduates of the Accelerator Program receive a Certificate of Completion from Emergence in Impact Entrepreneurship.
- Application opens: Oct. 1st, 2023 (apply here)
- Application deadline: Nov. 15th, 2023
- Award notifications: Dec. 15th, 2023
Prospective applicants are encouraged to attend an information session during the open application period to learn more about the program components, application process, and selection criteria.
- Info session 1 - Friday Oct. 6th 12-1pm PST (register here)
- Info session 2 - Friday Oct. 20th 12-1pm PST (register here)
- Info session 3 - Friday Nov. 3rd 12-1pm PST (register here)
If you are not able to attend one of the info sessions and have specific questions please reach out via email and/or to schedule a brief 15min window to connect!
- 2024 Accelerator & Call for Applications
- 2024 Call for Industry Mentors
- 2023 Accelerator Impact Entrepreneurs and Ventures
For any additional questions please contact email@example.com. If you are interested in being an Industry Mentor for the Stanford Emergence Accelerator Program please reach out to us via this form to learn more.
- MS Design Impact, Co-Founder of Oleo
- MBA-MPP, Co-Founder of Mi Tribu
- PhD Biology, Co-Founder of Understory
- MBA, Founder of Vrinda
- PhD MS&E, Co-Founder of Bent
- MS Design Impact, Co-Founder of Oleo
- MBA, Co-Founder of Reset
- BA Economics, Founder of FoundHer
- MBA, Co-Founder of Atreides
- MA International Policy, Founder of AI Merch
- MBA, Co-Founder in GovTech / Safety Net
- PhD Systems Biology, Founder of NEO PBM
- Impact/Angel Investor & Advisor & Co-Founder, Moxxly
- Co-Founder, Tidal Medical Technologies
- Managing Director Impact Venture Fund, OM Fund
- Impact/Angel Investor & Advisor
- AI Advisor & SVP of Product & Strategy, Caption Health
- Partner, OVO Fund
- Founder, GOODR
- Co-Founder, Emme
- Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, Simprints
- Board Member, Village Enterprise and Edify
- Co-Founder & COO, Zipline
- Co-Founder & CEO, Cemvita Factory Inc.
- Director, Rock Center for Corporate Governance
- Founder & CEO, H2U Technologies
- Chief of Staff, Khosla Ventures
- Sr. Principal, B Capital Group
- Venture Partner & LP
- Founding Partner, Ten VC
- Founding & Managing Partner, Think + Ventures
- Founder & CEO, Switch Bioworks
- Partner, Summa Equity
- Emergence Visiting Scholar & Head of Innovation at Exact Sciences
- CEO, iSono Health
Biology & Mathematical and Computational Science
Designing a zero-waste healthcare supply chain
|Plant-based alternatives to traditional treatments for anxiety and depression|
|Bioengineering & Biomedical Engineering||Design better and more accessible daily living products, starting with menstruation|
|Materials Science and Engineering||Consumer facing 3D print/recycling farms to realize a circular economy in small plastic objects|
|JD & MBA||Net zero and minimal waste products|
|Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering||Social Platform for addressing Misinformation|
|Energy Resource Engineering||Last mile delivery of products in remote areas to increase social equity|
|Environmental Engineering||Carbon Capture Products|
|International Policy (Energy and the Environment)||Expanding access to clean, cheap electricity for underserved communities through sustainable business models|