The Stanford Emergence Accelerator Program
The Emergence Accelerator Program supports a cohort of highly driven social and environmental student entrepreneurs each year from across campus. Through key curriculum, select workshops/speakers, a network of like-minded peers, one-on-one mentorship from industry professionals, and facilitated connections to prospective funders, students are supported to ideate, develop, and launch purpose driven ventures that address our most pressing health challenges.
Key components of the Accelerator Program include:
Impact Entrepreneurship Curriculum
Students learn the fundamentals of impact entrepreneurship (governance and ownership, aligning business models with impact, equity and sustainability etc.) and are supported to incorporate them into their venture.
Students receive coaching and are connected to industry professionals to gain feedback as they refine/scale their ventures and develop their leadership skills.
Students receive facilitated connections to prospective funders (VC's, Foundations etc.) with shared values to scale their innovations.
Networking & Exposure
Students are connected to a network of private and public sector partners and gain visibility via convenings, an annual Summit, and investor pitch events.
- The Emergence Accelerator Program is intended for students who are working towards impact driven ventures that address health challenges.
- We seek students who are knowledgeable about the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, who bring deep knowledge of the issues they are working to address, and who offer diverse perspectives and backgrounds to the cohort.
- While we anticipate the program being the best fit for graduate level students (Masters, PhD, and Postdocs), we will also accept applications from highly qualified undergraduate students.
- Next application window: November 25th, 2023
- Award notification: Selected students/ventures will be notified by December 15th, 2023
- Program dates: January - June 2024
- Are you interested in becoming an Emergence Mentor? Please get in touch with us to learn more!
If you have questions about the Emergence Accelerator Program we would love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Accelerator Cohort
- MS Design Impact, Co-Founder of Oleo
- MBA-MPP, Co-Founder of Mi Tribu
- PhD Biology, Co-Founder of Understory
- MBA, Founder of Vrinda
- PhD MS&E, Co-Founder of Bent
- MS Design Impact, Co-Founder of Oleo
- MBA, Co-Founder of Reset
- BA Economics, Founder of FoundHer
- MBA, Co-Founder of Atreides
- MA International Policy, Founder of AI Merch
- MBA, Co-Founder of GovTech and America's Safety Net
- PhD Systems Biology, Founder of NEO PBM
Coaches & Industry Mentors
- Adjunct Professor
- Academic Director, Stanford University
- Director of Products, C3.ai
- Co-Founder, Tidal Medical Technologies
- Partner, OVO Fund
- Founder, GOODR
- Co-Founder, Emme
- Chief Product Officer, Simprints
- Board Member, Village Enterprise and Edify
- Co-Founder and COO, Zipline
- Co-Founder and CEO, Cemvita Factory Inc.
- President and CEO, H2U Technologies
- Chief of Staff, Khosla Ventures
- Sr. Principal, B Capital Group
- Venture Partner & LP
- Founding Partner, Ten VC
- Founder and CEO, Switch Bioworks
- Head of Innovation, Exact Sciences
- CEO, iSono Health
Biology & Mathematical and Computational Science
Designing a zero-waste healthcare supply chain
|Plant-based alternatives to traditional treatments for anxiety and depression|
|Bioengineering & Biomedical Engineering||Design better and more accessible daily living products, starting with menstruation|
|Materials Science and Engineering||Consumer facing 3D print/recycling farms to realize a circular economy in small plastic objects|
|JD & MBA||Net zero and minimal waste products|
|Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering||Social Platform for addressing Misinformation|
|Energy Resource Engineering||Last mile delivery of products in remote areas to increase social equity|
|Environmental Engineering||Carbon Capture Products|
|International Policy (Energy and the Environment)||Expanding access to clean, cheap electricity for underserved communities through sustainable business models|